The Benefits of a Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certificate
Due to the ever-increasing demand for English worldwide, teaching English as a foreign language is a growing field with many opportunities for teaching jobs across the globe. Earning a TEFL certificate offers prospective educators many professional and personal benefits.
Teaching English as a Foreign Language
The TEFL Online course provides three primary benefits to job seekers:
A TEFL certificate strengthens any resume by adding an internationally recognized professional qualification. Educators who have earned the OISE TEFL certification see the following job benefits:
- Higher salaries
- Eligibility for more competitive jobs
- Choice of preferred locations and student levels
A TEFL certificate opens job possibilities across the globe and increases domestic job possibilities.
Travel the World
With a TEFL certificate, educators can live, work, and travel abroad. Making the decision to teach English abroad opens opportunities for personal and professional development:
- Develop cultural fluency
- Gain new understandings and insight through cultural immersion
- Meet like-minded individuals, and form lasting connections and friendships
Begin a life working and traveling, starting with the completion of an industry-leading online TEFL certification.
Teach English Effectively
An OISE TEFL certificate lays the groundwork for effective classroom management in any country or language. Educators develop proficiency in educational techniques and specifics of English:
- Create and implement culturally appropriate lesson plans
- Learn to address common areas of difficulty in the English language
- Develop effective techniques for foreign language instruction
Anyone new to teaching will benefit from OISE TEFL, but current educators can also find a new challenge in teaching English as a foreign language by developing new techniques and learning to create lessons for different groups of learners.